[lbo-talk] Chomsky Question

Keith Nybakke knybakke at mac.com
Fri Jan 16 06:31:09 PST 2004

At 21:59 -0800 1/15/04, Michael Dawson -PSU wrote:
>It's maybe not exactly 100-percent meaty vis-a-vis Iraq, etc., but
>I'd love to hear him say a few words about Bush's Mars initiative,
>with possible references back to past space-propaganda.

Let me add to this.

Scarcity has been a common excuse among the many excuses that are given for the federal government's behavior in some areas. Scarcity can be a real phenomenon at a household budget level, but I think it is more a political phenomenon within federal government budgets.

How does a space initiative square with "scarcity"?

If scarcity is a political concept, is a space initiative then a counter argument to scarcity? Especially when the current American regime needs "abundance", not scarcity, to finance its adventures.

Thanks.

Keith