[lbo-talk] Re: I'm not sorry

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Jan 16 18:21:20 PST 2004

>But, to take the information asymmetry angle, why should a woman
>believe a man if he said he's on some kind of contraceptive? She has
>to live with possible consequences, and he may just wanna get his
>rocks off.
>
>Doug

Yes, I imagine this would only be useful in long-term relationships. But then, isn't that where most fucking happens? (For everything else, there's condoms.) Actually, this is one reason I like the idea of the 6-15 year reversible variety, it's just about perfect for men. Too bad you U.S. guys are likely to get the hormonal type--welcome to the guinea pig cage.

With males using daily contraceptives, we'd definitely need abortion as a backup. Or perhaps it would be enough for men to have the certain knowledge that they would do half the childcare.

Jenny Brown