RES: RES: [lbo-talk] Keiretsu Capital

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 04:46:04 PST 2004

>Back during the height of perestroika, I read a heartbreaking tale of the
>head of construction for the entire Leningrad region who lived with his
>family in a two-bedroom apartment. It's not like that any more, is it?
>
>Doug

Ha. No. Those guys are loaded. They build gated palatial dachas outside of Moscow and live in humongoid apartments in fashionable parts of the city.

The KGB has done particularly well. A lot of them have set up private firms providing security to big businesses. They are staffed by ex-KGB and Special Forces guys.

_________________________________________________________________ Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!