[lbo-talk] Indology: Vandalism and

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Sun Jan 18 17:20:15 PST 2004

Doug wrote:

>> The rest of the agenda should concentrate on integration across

>> oceans and time zones; for example, mulling over the prospect of a

>> youngster enjoying dual citizenship of India and the US, and

>> marrying a Guatemalan of mixed Greek-Slav extraction.

> Should our political aspiration be generalizing that as a right for

> all, or concentrate instead on national integration, or something

> else?

Yes. Uneven and combined and all that. Historical and concrete, etc. aspiration? i confess that the wickedmodernbaconianenlightenment hope that in the glorious future we will all be sensible has always appealed to me. As Disraeli wrote: "Sensible men are all of the same religion. Pray, what is that? Sensible men never tell."

john mage