[lbo-talk] Re: Wacky endorsements (was The Penances)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 20 12:36:38 PST 2004

>On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 12:24 AM, Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>Guess it proves J.B.S. Haldane was right: "The universe is not only
>>queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."
>
>We U.S. leftists will never accomplish very much until we learn to
>understand the way Americans think.
>
>To us, it is wacky for Kucinich supporters to switch to Edwards, but
>apparently not for Iowa Democrats. OK, I agree it's wacky, but that
>is the way Iowa Democrats behave. And unless we can understand that,
>as well as the behavior of New Hampshire Democrats, California
>Republicans, and (insert state name) (insert party name), we will be
>forever isolated from the people of the country we live in.
>
>Is that what we want?
>
>Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org

Comparing the looks of the top three choices in the Iowa caucus with those of the rest, I'd have to conclude that Iowa Democrats are shallow voters easily swayed by conventionally better looks. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>