[lbo-talk] Re: Wacky endorsements (was The Penances)

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jan 20 13:39:51 PST 2004

The Kucinich-Edwards thing makes sense. I would not classify Edwards as DLC. He talks about class more than any of the others, save Kucinich or Sharpton.

Methinks Kucinich would not have any truck with Dean because they think it was the Dean camp that floated a canard alleging K's racist past. As for Gephardt, he was going down anyway and was more avowedly pro-war than Edwards.

Edwards reminds of the verse:

Now me and my mate were back at the shack, we had Spike Jones on the box She said, "I can't take the way he sings, but I love to hear him talk . . . "

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Thomas Seay Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 3:49 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Wacky endorsements (was The Penances)

> >On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 12:24 AM, Carl

> >To us, it is wacky for Kucinich supporters to
> switch to Edwards, but
> >apparently not for Iowa Democrats. OK, I agree it's

Well, I dont know much about this, so maybe I am mistaken in what I heard. There was a deal between Kucinich and Edwards that any "excess" Edward's voters in a caucus would go over to Kucinich and that the Kucinich camp would act in kind. I heard this while watching the MSNBC coverage yesterday. So, anyone who thinks this was wacky might want to check up on this "deal" made between Kucinich and Edwards.

-Thomas