[lbo-talk] Re: Wacky endorsements (was The Penances)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 20 15:11:51 PST 2004

Curtiss Leung wrote:

>Apropos a Kerry vs. Dubya contest, Doug wrote:
>
>> 322, man.
>
>Huh? I don't get it.

The "secret number" - obviously not so secret - of Skull & Bones.

Speaking of which, my stint on the WBAI fundraising marathon is this Thursday, 3-6 PM. I've got a short interview with Alexandra Robbins, author of Secrets of the Tomb, a history of Skull & Bones, commenting on Bonesman Kerry's victory in Iowa and the possibility of a Bones vs Bones election. Also in the lineup:

* Barbara Ehrenreich, on low-wage labor and the global woman

* Naomi Klein, on privatization in Iraq

* Noam Chomsky on U.S. imperialism

More news and promo to follow. But please, if you're so inclined, pledge during my segment to make my numbers look good!

Doug