[lbo-talk] Dean's Self-Demolition

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 20 22:00:44 PST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:49:34 -0500, Luke Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote:

> I have no attachnment to him, just to anyone who could beat Bush. The
polls suggested he could not.

Which polls are you referring to? Dean was running five percentage points behind Bush last time I checked.

I should check but, after a United for Peace and Justice meeting (main agenda item, sub-committee report back about the meeting w/ ANSWER, which rejected joint co-sponsorship, speaker(s)...) I'm 'er bushed, and I need to go to bed pronto, to be at work @ 6 a.m., ugh....

The last Gallup poll I saw, if memory served, a week or so ago w/ the question, asked of likely voters, not the merely registered, "If the election were held today would you vote for Bush or Dean?, " had 55% say Dubya, 37 or 38% Dean.

-- Michael Pugliese

>From "Marx at the Millenium, " by Cyril Smith, Pluto Press. Footnote 5, pg.
178, "...The Three Priciples of Democratic Centralism...by Don Cuckson: 1 Father Knows Best 2 Not in front of the children 3 Keep it in the family.