[lbo-talk] Dean's Self-Demolition

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jan 21 15:41:55 PST 2004

Quoting Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org>:

> He has a lot of other problems as a candidate -- chiefly his abrasive,
> "too hot for TV" personality, which I don't think he can do much to
> alter at this point.

On the contrary, that's precisely the reason he's the only Dem candidate who could topple the oiligarchy. Anyone else is going to run a solidly Establishment campaign, which will have the same effect on $auron's oil-orcs as Denethor's doomed cavalry assault in Jackson's "The Return of the King". There's a lot of free-floating rage in Bananamerica these days, and if it doesn't move in a progressive direction, it will recoil into something too horrible to contemplate.

-- DRR