[lbo-talk] Georgism on the left

Stephen Fromm stephen.fromm at verizon.net
Wed Jan 21 18:22:08 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Perelman" <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 8:38 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Georgism on the left

> Because putting higher taxes on land -- and they have to be higher to
> replace other taxes -- will force inexpensive land to be used more
> intensively.

Are you implicitly assuming that the goal is to replace *all* taxes with land taxes?

Furthermore, a tax *is* paid fully on the land. It's paid to the landlord...