[lbo-talk] Russian news re Iowa primaries

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:13:33 PST 2004

>Due to cable company vagaries today's Russian news was from Tuesday. I
>am sorry to say I paid little attention to the list of front-runners.
>But I was amused to hear All Shapton called "The Zhirinovsky of Harlem."
>
>DC

Kommersant called Forbes an "oligarch." Buchanon was a "fascist."

I was watching Tatyana Tolstaya and that other woman who hosts the Kultura Channel's talk show the other day interviewing Gorbachev. As usual he was in full self-ecsculpation mode: "I didn't do anything wrong? Why does everybody hate me? It's just not fair!!" The conversation got around to what he does for fun, and he said he likes to talk with friends, "for instance George Bush Sr." When asked what he thought of GBII, you could see he was trying to be diplomatic: "Mne nravitsya (long pause) voobshche": "I like him -- in general."

It turns out his 10th form school paper was "Stalin: The Light of Our Youth."

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE online virus check for your PC here, from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963