[lbo-talk] Is India Exploited by imperialism?

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 07:45:34 PST 2004

>From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
>>
>This reminds me of a scene from the Monty Python's film "Life of Brian"
>in which the leader of the "Popular Front of Judea" is rallying support
>for an uprising against the Romans and asks the audience a rhetorical
>question "What did the Romans give us?" - to which the audience answers
>by listing itmes such as "roads," aqueducts," "education," "laws,"
>"peace," etc.
>
>Wojtek

Actually there is a commonly expressed opinion in Russia that other former members of the Communist bloc who are resentful of Russia/the Soviet Union are a bunch of sniveling whiners from dinky irrelevant countries who don't appreciate all the good the Soviet Union did for them.

Of course, next to Russia, practically every country is dinky.

_________________________________________________________________ High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1