[lbo-talk] Repost re: Dean's Sword-Fall

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Thu Jan 22 11:17:03 PST 2004

Ah, the lovely advice one gets from one's "veteran" DP campaign managers: "Here's your sword, Howard. Take a little fall on it." Howard does it:

``I have my warts. I sometimes say things that get me in trouble,'' but argued Thursday that voters will see through the flaws and rally to his troubled presidential candidacy. ``In other words, I lead with my heart and not my head. That's the only chance we have against George Bush,'' Dean said as he sought to recover from his third-place Iowa finish and the fallout over his scream-filled speech on caucus night that raised questions about his temperament.