[lbo-talk] RE: The Fog of War

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Jan 22 12:21:02 PST 2004

On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 12:35 PM, joanna bujes wrote:

> Please, if men cried a little more, it might be a better world.
> McNamarra aside and his crocodile tears, anger is an acceptable
> emotion in men; grief/sadness/tears are not. This has the general
> psycho-social effect that men will convert all unacceptable grieving
> emotions into anger. The hell with that.

I concur with that. In addition, his tears in the film were not crocodile tears; he was crying, if I recall correctly, primarily about the Kennedy assassination, about which he had genuine feelings, I'm sure.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ "In an ideal world, people would be preoccupied with reading and writing poetry and having love affairs, as people were in the Japanese court in the 11th century, as described in 'The Tale of Genji.' If people were involved in that type of life, maybe there would be no war." -- Wallace Shawn