[lbo-talk] Benny Morris responds

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Sat Jan 24 20:50:16 PST 2004

At 10:34 AM -0800 24/1/04, Brad DeLong wrote:
>I don't think I want to read beyond Morris's paragraph two. Is there
>any reason to do so?

Yes -- to read a zionist-jewish academic pen the following lines:

"A general comment on the matter of ethnic cleansing: I am aware that "ethnic cleansing" is not politically correct and is morally problematic. But, what can we do - the history of the 20th century is replete with instances of ethnic cleansing that occurred under catastrophic circumstances and were ultimately beneficial for humanity, including for the expulsees themselves. Was not the expulsion of the Sudeten Germans (after World War II) - who contributed to the destruction of the Czechoslovak Republic - justified? And didn't it contribute, in the end, to their happiness, and certainly to the happiness of the Czech people? In the final analysis, didn't the ethnic cleansing perpetrated by the Turks against their Greek minority and by the Greeks against their Turkish minority after World War I contribute to the welfare and happiness of the two peoples, and to the peace that has prevailed between the two nations ever since?"

god forbid that anyone should say this about this Holocaust!

kj khoo