[lbo-talk] Activism

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 25 06:57:31 PST 2004

"I worked with Yoshie for a short time in an organization called the Citizen's Grassroots Congress. She was only in the group briefly."

From a Ohio DSA'er. Guess the Citizens had false consciousness.

Joanna, the Lehrer News Hour on PBS reported last night (as front page pieces in the NYT last week on the rage of conservative Republicans at, "Big Government Bush, " relate as well in places like rightist web site WND and NewsMax) that, for example funding at the US Dept. of Education is up 70%. EPA as well, though not by that much! Course, more $ does not mean the same things in GOP hands as say, in centrist Clintonite, or, in left Democrat hands, if we ever elect another, say FDR. Which given the likely Kucinich debacle, isn't likely given the very weak organizational capacity of left Dems, compared to '84 and esp. '88 w/ Jesse Jackson, Sr.