[lbo-talk] Bob Keeshan RIP

J Cullen jcullen at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 08:10:49 PST 2004

Interesting that Keeshan was fired from his job as Clarabell the Clown by Buffalo Bob Smith at NBC in 1950 because Smith thought Keeshan, who was making $35 a week at the time, was trying to form an actors union. It's unclear in the otherwise fine obit whether Keeshan actually was "guilty" of union organizing.