[lbo-talk] World Economic Forum Weeps Bitter Tears For Lost

jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org
Mon Jan 26 12:27:04 PST 2004

'just'?!?!?!?!

But seriosly, outsourcing methinks is just one manifestation of an ongoing trend to turn us into machines. I think we're hearing more about it now becuase its the wired workers themselves who are being ground down by the corporate 'fitters'.

And paralyzation is only half the strategy. Discipline is just as much about animation!

cheers,

Jonathan

PS Note Marx used the concept 'form of intercourse' in the German Ideology before coming up with the formulation 'relations of production'.

PPS It is the age of cellular automata vs. the automatistas

SPSS pure evil

PPPS 21st Century Sojurner Truth asks: "And ain't I an agent?"

Ian wrote:

I'm really beginning to wonder how much of this constant focus on outsourcing by the press, relative to the actual scale of the phenomena vis a vis employment in the 'hi-tech' sectors etc., isn't just a great big Gramscian mind-fuck-war-of-position being played on 'knowledge workers' to keep 'em anxious and paralyzed.

"While machinery is the most appropriate form of the use value of fixed capital, it does not at all follow that therefore subsumption under the social relation of capital is the most appropriate and ultimate social relation of production for the application of machinery."

Feel free to add/substitute computing or knowledge where the term machine is used...........

Ian

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/