RES: [lbo-talk] Oil: The illusion of plenty

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Mon Jan 26 13:18:55 PST 2004

Yes. Last year Volkswagen solds more cars in China than they did in Germany. Automobile industry is enjoying a boom in India as well.

-And to what extent this is already hurting the Indian urban infastrucrture.

Efficient and inexpensive public transport is the only solution, unless the automobile industry can promote cars based on hydrogen cells. See below "GM pitches hydrogen cars in oil-thirsty China."

-Very interesting article. I didn´t know Hydrogen cells are so close to -be operational, but, as the article mentions, there is still the trouble -of space demanded by individual transport (not to mention a growing share -of public budget being diverted to build and keep highways), and the other -question is. How will you obtain Hydrgen? If it is extracted from water, -won´t it create further depletion of another relatively scarce resource. -I would like to know more about hydrogen.

Alexandre