[lbo-talk] Antiwar mov't gets another boost

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 20:37:44 PST 2004

Rogers and Hammerstein. Hammerstein was the Oscar. Rogers was the Richard. Hammerstein wasn't a patch on his predecessor, Rogers' previous lyricist, Lorenz Hart, but there is a R & Ham song that might fit the bill here:

Shall we dance On a bright cloud of music Shall we dance . . .

from The King and I.

Incidentally Hammerstein sort of gave Stephen Sondheim his start as a music theater composer/lyricist, thoygh Sondheim is the complete andi-Hammerstein. NY LBOsters should be on notice that Sondheim's Assassins is being revived on B'Way this Spring -- an unlikely musical about people who have assassinated, or attempted to assassinate, various Presidents of the United States. Also about the dark side of the American Dream. Emma Goldman is the good guy in the show, so our anarchist comrades will like it. This one's definitely worth seeing, even at B'way rates. Or maybe you could get Hot Tix.

Meanwhile . . . shall we dance?

jks