[lbo-talk] Kevin Phillips Slams Teixeira: No Emerging Dem Majority

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 10:26:45 PST 2004

Yeah, that was the point of a great book by John Judis and Ruy Teixeira, "The Emerging Democratic Majority" -- the title, of course, a tribute to your book. Did you read it?

No, I don't read anybody who's talking about an emerging Democratic anything anymore, because they've been wrong for 30 years. On top of that, 9/11 scrambled everything again, so I wouldn't pay attention to anybody's majority book right now because nobody knows yet how this is going to play out. What's really amazing to me is there's been no attention to the continuity between the two Bush administrations, the continuity of the involvement with Iraq, the conflicts of interest in their involvement with the Saudi Arabians, the continuity of involvement in the Middle East. That really deserves attention.

Day Pass Required:

http://salon.com/books/int/2004/01/27/phillips_qa/index.html