[lbo-talk] Petersburg/Lenin

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 00:28:51 PST 2004

I should maybe add that I don't think Lenin's popularity today has much to do with the actual role he played in history, much less with his political or analytical theories. He has been mythologized; he represents the figure of a strong, determined, selfless and disciplined man who wants the best for the country. Actually it's rather similar to how many people view Stalin, though society is far more united in its view of Lenin. Society is polarized around Stalin.