[lbo-talk] Cool Soviet Stuff

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:32:35 PST 2004

Greatest war movies I've ever seen!

Joanna --- It's a shame to use up my posting limit on this maybe, but I wanted to add that there was something else at which the USSR simply excelled: Children's cartoons. The Soviet version of Winnie the Pooh is flat-out brilliant.

Incidentally it's somewhat fashionable for Russian rock and pop groups to do versions of Soviet cartoon themes and music from old children's television shows. "Yaitsa" (Eggs), by Diskoteka Avariya, is a version of a Soviet children's song about, yes, eggs (Good for breakfast! Good for lunch! Good for children and adults!), and part of the melody I believe is a sample from music from the Soviet children's cartoon show "Nu, pogodi!"

_________________________________________________________________ Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!