[lbo-talk] neurosurveillance

jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org
Thu Jan 29 11:08:31 PST 2004

I was glad to read at: http://www.brainwavescience.com/HomePage.php that brain fingerprint evidence is already admissible at court.

But I am rotflmao and crying at the same time. They need more computers! First, you need a computer to analyze the syntax and meaning of the question asked to the interrogated, to prove the veracity of the question posed (connected to The Database of Everything, to ensure internal consistency). Then, you need another computer to ensure that the question was correctly understood through our unfortunately fuzzy sensory organs.

I'm not sure how they're going to get around the fact (oops) that memory is fallible. P300 impulses may betray our prevarication, but that doesn't necessarily mean we are guilty. Oh, whoops, I forgot this is just another instrument of discipline, so that we will constantly think that lying is impossible, and thus will train ourselves to always reply truthfully to the machine. Holy shit, fucking right out of Blade Runner.

Laplascean yours,

Jonathan

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/