[lbo-talk] Tuff Lib'rul

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jan 30 07:13:58 PST 2004

Deficit finance is a second resort, if immediate taxation is not possible. If you allow that the spending is worthwhile, it follows that it's worth the cost, even if the rich evade paying for it.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 12:09 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Tuff Lib'rul

Max B. Sawicky wrote:

>If we expect nothing good in the way of government
>spending, we should be for limited government.

It seems a lot of American liberals believe in deficit spending as a way to evade taxation. Who said nothing good could come of gov't spending? Lots of good can, if it's the right kind. How to finance it then? Why borrow money from rich people and pay them interest rather than tax them?