[lbo-talk] Tuff Lib'rul

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Jan 30 09:21:02 PST 2004

Who said nothing good could come of gov't
> spending? Lots of good can, if it's the right kind. How to finance it
> then? Why borrow money from rich people and pay them interest rather
> than tax them?
>
> Doug

That's another reason talk of balanced budgets is a diversion. Look what happens. Liberal hipsters make South Park-style ads about Bush complaining about him being a "big spender."

We should be defending public enterprise and talking about the composition, scale, and purpose of government spending, and let the balanced budget topic be a follow-up question. "Of course we'll pay for it, by taxing the top 10 percent."