[lbo-talk] Your Ann Coulter Comedy Moment: Kerry's Just A Gigolo

jeffrey fisher jfisher at igc.org
Fri Jan 30 11:05:11 PST 2004

it really is like she's doing a standup routine at the beginning of her talk show, but she's being serious. i mean, the "target-rich environment" line is something you'd expect from leno or letterman, not as part of serious political discourse.

bizarre.

maybe that's partly what's so offensive about her. john stewart does comedy that's commentary, while she does commentary that's (unintentional, unselfconscious - as you note - and unfunny-even-when-its-funny) comedy.