[lbo-talk] Wallerstein & Nader etc.

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Jan 31 09:38:47 PST 2004

On Friday, January 30, 2004, at 02:51 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> left Democrats are irrelevant: they are by definition going to vote DP

Not necessarily; they can also stay home on election day. This can make a crucial difference in big states with close races. (Especially if the rabid right turns out big for Bush.)

> This debate on LBO can't be of any political importance, because no one
> who might be influenced by it will ever even know that it is going on.
> It's entertaining though, and that is surely part of what any maillist
> should be.

I think it's more than just entertaining. The list provides an opportunity for at least a few folks who would not have met up otherwise to chew the fat with each other. Isn't that enough of a raison d'etre for it?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)