[lbo-talk] Re: naderphobia and the greens

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 1 06:20:29 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Frank wrote:

"my criticism is for emotional, irrational, vindictive naderphobia , which is not only found among democrats but, as is often evident here, among usually thoughtful people of the....um...progressive left wing"

I do not think there is anything irrational about criticizing a homophobe like Ralph Nader. For me, it is an act of survival.

Nader is reactionary on sexual issues and of litle use to progressives who believe in sexual self-determination. His continued appeal plays to the Puritan streak that still adheres to part of the progressive movement (for what reason I have yet to figure out or be given a reasonable explanation).

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister