[lbo-talk] Voters' views: Iraq

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 13:09:35 PDT 2004

Wojtek,

I know you're fascinated with, shall we say, the "coarser" elements in Anglo-American culture. I thought you might like this passage from a recent entry in a friend's "blog":

"Holy shit - a whole crowd of drunken, 40 year old, tough guy heshers is moving in across the street from me. I swear they must be the 2004 domestic violence olympic team. The one guy is wearing an unbuttoned pastel shirt that probably couldn't contain his bulbous beergut anyway. In addition he's sporting some flowery jam shorts circa 1981 and a mullet. The driver of the truck is a rough looking motherfucker with a camo bandanna, no shirt, bargain store shorts and Jesus boots. He stepped out of the truck with a beer in his hand. I guess no one told him that drinking and driving stopped being cool a couple of decades ago. [...] Their spouses are the kinds of cougars that make respectable cougars nervous and can't possibly have a full set of teeth between the two of them. There's a kid with them that can't be more than twelve or thirteen and he's out having a cigarette with his parents right now. Gotta love family bonding huh? Starting tonight I'm officially keeping a record of how many times the cops get called to their house."

Wojtek wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3846987.stm
>

> Michael Moore's phrase "stupid white men" nicely
summarizes the views