[lbo-talk] Kerry the pro-war candidate?

R rhisiart at charter.net
Thu Jul 1 21:57:08 PDT 2004

we can be certain kerry isn't taking an "anti-war" stand, jon. if kerry were present at the creation of the war, he might have had some useful hints for the better ordering of the war. but then he was present, wasn't he?

i don't see any useful hints coming out of him now either.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Johanning" <jjohanning at igc.org> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 10:28 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] Kerry the pro-war candidate?

: While it is certainly true in a sense that Kerry is "pro-war," as many
: leftists like to say, I'm not sure how important this sense is.
:
: I'm assuming that the Iraq situation is in fact a quagmire, if not
: precisely like the Vietnam one -- as long as the U.S. tries to keep its
: military involved there, it will be in a bad situation, yet the Bush
: administration (and apparently also Kerry and at least the faction of
: his advisors which is currently ascendent) fears that "cutting and
: running" will make the situation even worse. I'm also assuming that the
: situation will continue to get worse with the U.S. troops there, so
: eventually either Kerry or Bush, whoever is in charge when matters
: become completely hopeless, will have to C and R.
:
: