[lbo-talk] "Stupid Gay Men on the Left"

Christian Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 2 05:30:23 PDT 2004

>It doesn't make any political sense for left-wing gay men to support
>a pro-war straight white male candidate who *opposes* the equal right
>to marriage for queers . . .

Stupid? Wow. That's pretty nasty for you, Yoshie.

So I'm supposed to support Nader, why? He's not only allergic to immigration and free trade (a good thing, if it could exist, in my book), but is weirdly asexual and paranoid. I admire his efforts to conserve a real public sphere, but the anti-corporate schtick is reactionary (ie small capital is somehow better than big capital). He can't win, he's not building up the Greens and if he did win, he couldn't get anything accomplished.

Kerry, on the other hand, could win, and opposes the Constitutional Amendment against gay marriage. That and real civil unions are better than anything that Nader's candidacy could accomplish.

Christian