[lbo-talk] Why do they hate Moore?

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 06:56:23 PDT 2004

--- snitsky wrote:

> Can someone explain to me why lefties hate Moore so much? I've
> never paid
> much attention to any of it, because it struck me as upper
> Manhattan gossip
> among left glitterati.

Yoshi posted something yesterday about the foibles of leftist gay men, which peaked my interest, and, in a way, your post leads to my point: perhaps the mistake is that some of the "lefties" really aren't "lefties" at all.

We don't think twice about noticing the dissipation of leftist philosophy in the Democratic party, for example, and few hesitate to acknowledge the anti-leftist antics of the Log Cabin Republicans (geez, was it here that someone posted the article about the Hawaiian LCR org disbanding over gay marriage - as in *not* supporting it at all because it violated the sanctity of marriage?).

Why should we be surprised, then, when those that do claim leftist ideas, and I'm thinking of those in the entertainment industry with high visibility, slip and show us just how shallow their leftist ideaologies really are? If they were wearing the leftie label as a label only, there isn't going to be much "there" there when we lift up their skirt.

And that lack of substance may be why some lefties hate Moore. But how did the Dem party get so watered down, so GOP-lite? Well, a lot of people just let it happen. Hell, mea culpa, I'll admit I sat and watched it happen, too. And when the beautiful people, or movers and shakers, or whatever they're callled these days, when some people see someone get off their, yes, fat ass and stir a ruckus, even if that ruckus is obnoxious and works the system, it can make some people jealous and guilty that they didn't have the guts, motivation or wherewithall to do it themselves. The comfort zone that so many of these alleged lefties is then threatened, and the reaction is to slam the one that caused it.

- Deborah

===== " How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks