[lbo-talk] Why do they hate Moore?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jul 2 07:49:45 PDT 2004

> Also, I saw that ass, Hitchens, on MSNBC the other night. The only thing
he
> did was rant and rave, lobbing logical fallacies about one after the
other.
> They even showed the infamous clip of the debate at Telluride. It's clear
> that Moore's taking the position that ObL should have been pursued by a
> police action, brought to justice, etc. Nonetheless, Hitch and MSNBC's
> Scarborough Country repeatedly characterize Moore as a conspiracy theorist
> who doesn't think OBL responsible for 9/11. What an ass.
>
> Kelley

Yes, Hitch has been in ass mode for some time. And Moore has caused him to truly flip out, which I read as a positive omen. When I mailed him about his anti-Moore rant (and reminded him of his own contradictions and falsehoods over the past two years), Hitch pleaded with me not to fall for "Moore-ism" -- whatever that is.

Hitch and his flock have gone rabid over Moore, esp our old friend Peter K, who becomes more demented by the day. I've popped in and out of his guestbook at the Hitch site to fwd pieces and toss in my 2 coins, and each time the K-ster went absolutely nuts, up to and including his threatening to kick my ass ("a joke" he later told me when I asked him when and how he was gonna do this -- yeah, a real knee slapper, that). The last missive I received from Planet K included all of us here, so I thought I'd share it:

"I don't give a shit what you think. Why don't you head on back to LBO Talk where you can discuss with likeminded folks what a wonderful People's Democracy North Korea is and how you wish Saddam and the Taliban were still in power, oppressing those who - unlike you, you pampered lucky duck, you - were stuck with them? Why don't you do that or I'll demonstrate how different Hitchens and I really are. And I don't think you'll like it."

I hope K includes this in his soon-to-be released collection, "Hitchens On My Mind: Refractions & Regurgitations From A Human Sock Puppet," published by No Shame Press, which proudly reports that "Letters To A Young Conformist" is in it's 9th printing. Huzzah!

DP