[lbo-talk] unions should say yes to EU treaty

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Jul 2 09:19:12 PDT 2004

Eubulides quoted:
>No other region in the world offers such enforceable treaty rights to its
>citizens in the workplace. In the US, the 16 million unionised workers
>have employment rights in labour-management contracts. But the 130 million
>non-union US workers do not enjoy the rights that EU membership confers
>on all UK workers.

Don't you love the way bad conditions in the U.S. are used to ratchet down demands by UK unions? 'C'mon, it could be worse.' Meanwhile we continue to be blasted with propaganda about how this is the best place in the world to live.

And, is it just me, or was this a rather confused article? He seems to be saying the EU labor law is better, but don't worry about any changes in the UK cause it won't be enforced. Huh?

Jenny Brown