[lbo-talk] Why do they hate Moore?

Joel Wendland joelrw at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:45:30 PDT 2004

I like Moore's work quite a bit.

I think that a tiny group of people on the left dislike Moore, not for anything he says or fails to say, but because they aren't happy unless they are absolutely detached from anything that resembles the mainstream (no matter how far that stream has shifted - even if incompletely - toward the peace majority, pro-working class concepts, etc.).

I really do think that ultra-lefters are obsessed with showing how they are different from other parts of the left and progressive people or they feel they lose their identity. This is why there is a preference there to attack people in the center and the left. The ultra left mentality defies reason and says Michael Moore is the main enemy, John Kerry is the pro-war candidate, Al Gore is repsonsible for environmental destruction, Nancy Pelosi is responsible for Bush's Nuclear Posture Review, etc. etc.

In my town they have taken to protesting the peace movement because its organizers haven't let them take it over. So what do they do? They go and leaflet at Moore's movie denouncing the peace coalition in a rotten effort to divide it and weaken it.

Sometimes the old question "Who's side are you on?" needs an answer.

Joel Wendland http://www.politicalaffairs.net http://classwarnotes.blogspot.com

_________________________________________________________________ Check out the latest news, polls and tools in the MSN 2004 Election Guide! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx