[lbo-talk] 4th of July

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Jul 2 13:17:44 PDT 2004

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>So to summarize, I view the US as one big disappointment - a country
>commanding extraordinary resources to achieve quite mediocre outcomes.
>It is this wasted and squandered potential in the face of world's needs,
>the imbecile navel gazing and self righteous attitude, the pretense and
>posturing cover the most expensive mediocrity ever known to humankind
>what I dislike the most about the United States.

Yes, yes. Yet, we live here. Maybe because of the expectations -- the disappointment being, a temporary condition. Last year I spent a month racing around western europe, and though the cretinism was markedly lower and the public services better, my overall feeling was that the same forces were at work there. At least in the U.S. I have friends, family, and know the layout of the terrain better, therefore making me a better combatant.

As for the 4th. Does LBOster in the bay area have a good plan for watching the fireworks? Are there any fireworks boats that go out on the bay for the express purpose of watching fireworks?

Please write me offlist; a ten-year old is expecting fireworks.

I like them too.

Joanna