[lbo-talk] Contesting the 2000 vote - question for Nathan

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Jul 3 10:09:45 PDT 2004

On Jul 2, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Nathan Newman wrote:

> Everyone agrees that the electoral college is the bastard child of the
> Constitution, where resolutions in close vote inevitably mean a
> legitimation crisis since the rules are just not clear.

Unfortunately, the small states don't agree with dissing the EC -- hence, I would suppose, the Constitution will never be amended to excise it.

Or am I too pessimistic? I would so love to junk that SOB.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax