[lbo-talk] words for the black community

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Jul 3 18:51:43 PDT 2004

Actually, what really mattered was class relations and the ways in which class conflict could be deflected upon scapegoats. The scapegoating was not entirely arbitrary as Jews often functioned as the money lenders and stewards of the aristocracy...doing their dirty work for them and then absorbing the punishment when the peasants revolted.

It's still happening -- it just moved to the Middle East.

Joanna