[lbo-talk] words for the black community

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sun Jul 4 00:46:30 PDT 2004

>When R and John speak of white people as a coherent group they echo the
>fundamental premise of racist ideology, that races exist.
>
>Intellectual failure can be as bad as or worse than malign will in the
>struggle against racism.
>
>Carrol

If it makes you feel better to believe that in any of my posts I wrote of whites as a "race that exists" any differently than Luke, Miles, Jenny, or Doug did in my e-mails with them then you are a bigger fool than I thought you were. Perhaps you missed my reference to "all our imagined races"? Don't presume you have any special insight that allows you to lecture me on racism. The intellectual failure in this instance is all yours. God you're a pompous ass. If you have the time to back up your baseless accusation why don't you go through all my posts on this topic and find where exactly my language differs so radically from the e-mails with the people listed above. I have done exactly that and there is no major difference in the language of racism I used vs. any of the people I corresponded with. This was such a sad and lazy accusation I debated even wasting my time responding. Fortunately(?) insomnia has provided quite a bit of extra time for me lately.

John Thornton