[lbo-talk] "Stupid ____ on the Left"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jul 4 10:07:56 PDT 2004

Grant Lee wrote:

> What I am saying is not novel, i.e. (1) that the obsession
> with "identity politics"

Grant, I'm involved in other things now and have no time to develop a response here. Let me just say that "Identity Politics" was a very specail thread in SEMI-left politics of the '80s, and has nothing to do with the concerns of womens, gay, black, etc. liberation. Those liberation movements have (and had) nothing to do with anyone's "identity. My abrupt statements here will be misconstrued, and maybe in a few months I'll return to the topic.

Carrol