[lbo-talk] words for the black community

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jul 4 10:20:02 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> snit snat wrote:
>
> Doug's OWN claims about what he thinks this list ought to
> >discuss: economics AND culture.
>
> Yup. Feminism straddles both, and if we're not talking about it, we're failing.

You apparently think of them as two different things; if this is so then any unity between them is a mechanical relationship, and rather pointless. Here is one of the 'locations' where the concept of internal relations is vital. You just can't speak of economics and culture as two reified entities which one then "straddles."

Carrol