[lbo-talk] words for the black community

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Jul 4 11:55:43 PDT 2004

It is extremely ill-natured of you to take people to task this way. Please stop. You swing back and forth between pomposity and crabbiness lately. What on earth is the matter?

The question of how to approach discussions of race/class is not a simple one and ridiculing Jon will do nothing to improve discussion.

You argue that the telling fact is identifying a person's place in the social structure, but you know as well as I do that plenty of working class people identify completely with their masters -- often along racial lines. So, this is why it gets complicated and this is why Jon's question is neither simple minded, nor wilfully obtuse, nor anything except a spur to discussion and thoughtful response.

Joanna