[lbo-talk] CP's hit on F911

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 4 12:08:17 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [wotta pile of crap - I saw the movie in Danvers, Mass., which is not
> much like Northampton, but the audience reactions were not dissimilar -
> and yesterday in a chain steakhouse in suburban NJ we overheard a
> gray-haired lady in a powder-blue suit at the salad bar, urging fellow
> diners to see it]
>
> <http://www.counterpunch.org/valentine07022004.html>

I wrote a review of the film this morning:

Fahrenheit 9/11: Cotton Eye Candy for the Usual Suspects http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?story=04/07/04/8963235

I saw the film last Sunday night in Orlando in a packed auditorium full of librarians. Perhaps all of the hype was too much for me to enjoy the film, but I didn't come out of it with the same level of excitement that I had after seeing Bowling for Columbine. True, we're talking about two different films, but I think that Bowling for Columbine will stand the test of time and will be seen as the better of the two films.

Chuck0