[lbo-talk] Gephardt for VP?

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 5 05:15:58 PDT 2004

From another list. I don't know a lot about this guy 'coz I don't normally follow elections. I do remember reading a lot of research from the Dems during the 90s, much of which used material from the EPI or, at least, folks associated with the EPI and other progressive econ think tanks. It was mostly material on deindustrializaiton, the widening gap between the haves/have nots, etc.

-------

Still rumor, but Kos is quoting some people who think it might be the real deal.

My first thought was ... Yawn. My second thought was ... yeah. Gephardt probably helps Kerry win Ohio and solidifies him in the Midwest. Maybe even helps him get Western PA. And his left-wing credentials are decent, so the base will be happy. Kos says: "Gephardt might not the most exciting choice, but he gives the Republicans zero ammunition. And that fits in nicely within Kerry's strategy."

Heh.

Hm, an interesting article on Gephardt being one of the GOP's toughest opponents here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A55810-2003Oct20?language=printer

Wendy

"We're in a fucking stagmire."