[lbo-talk] The Black Commentator on Cosby

R rhisiart at charter.net
Mon Jul 5 20:26:07 PDT 2004

the same patrick mason who's at florida state university? if he's the one, i met him when he taught at UC riverside. he was interested in latino as well as afro-american issues.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 1:14 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The Black Commentator on Cosby

: Dwayne Monroe wrote:
:
: >I think it was Wilson Barber who made mention of the
: >role of propaganda in a post about the supposed Black
: >American disinterest in education.
:
: I meant to mention this the other day, but didn't get around to it.
: The best statistical predictor of a person's ultimate educational
: attainment is the educational attainment of his/her parents. The
: wonderful economist Patrick Mason has shown that actual black
: eduational attainment has exceeded the level predicted by the models
: since the 19th century.
:
: Doug