[lbo-talk] Weds. July 7th: Stanley Arononowitz on Science: Brooklyn Greens Event:

mitchelcohen at mindspring.com mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 6 00:07:46 PDT 2004

Hi --

As a prelude to organizing for the No Spray Coalition lawsuit, which will take place in Federal Court in NYC on July 28th (mark your calendars, and please note the date correction!),

the Brooklyn Greens is sponsoring a workshop with CUNY professor and former Green Party gubernatorial candidate Stanley Aronowitz on

WEDNESDAY, JULY 7 at 7 PM at our Brooklyn office (see below)

Stanley will be talking on a totally different subject than what we normally hear:

"A Green Critique of Science,"

which will explore the history and basic presuppositions of Science since the Enlightenment.

Mitchel Cohen will be adding some thoughts as well.

Please come! Bring food and drink to share.

Thanks.

The Brooklyn Greens / NY State Greens

Brooklyn Greens' Office: 388 Atlantic Avenue (between Hoyt St. and Bond St.) 3rd floor walkup in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn

we're asking for a $5 contribution; no one turned away for lacking funds.

2 or 3 train to Hoyt St., or A,C, or G to Hoyt-Schermerhorn St. B64 Bus from Park Slope stops right across the street.