[lbo-talk] This is WAR, sons!

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue Jul 6 15:06:11 PDT 2004

there's no doubt many members of the "average jihad" are middle class. the middle class, particularly the middle class intelligentsia, has a history in all societies of being among the biggest trouble makers.

i don't think all the studies are in, luke. there are a lot of working class "recruits" coming into groups like al-qaeda, and other groups people in our society know nothing about. one can hardly call the followers of al-sadr middle class, for instance. i suggest we hold off on deciding just what the average jihadi is for awhile. we've got a lot to learn about these folk and their society.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luke Weiger" <lweiger at umich.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 11:42 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] This is WAR, sons!