[lbo-talk] Oil, Conspiracy Theory, and F 9/11 Re: Dude, Why are you fronting?

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 14:42:38 PDT 2004

--- Yoshie wrote:

<extreme snippage> Michael Moore's conspiracy theories about oil
> (especially the UNOCAL angle)

I, for one, was glad to see mention of the alleged UNOCAL angle in F 9/11, because *it wasn't just an angle*. UNOCAL, Enron and a consortium of other interests *were* seriously discussing, designing and planning the NG pipeline from Pakistan, thru Afghanistan and beyond. Further, the plans on Enron's side of the deal started in India and also included underwater pipe thru the Persian gulf or over Iraq and eventually into the Mediterranean. Far-fetched? Yeah, I thought so, too, while I was taking notes for legal during the then ongoing planning meetings. And regardless of how far-fetched or how seemingly impossible the projects may have been, the mood and attitude at these companies was one of exhuberant indulgence and an assumption that they had permission and support from the highest powers in government. Everything, they thought, was destined to go their way.

The "angle" is very real.

- Deborah