[lbo-talk] Oil, Conspiracy Theory, and F 9/11 Re: Dude, Why are you fronting?

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 7 18:32:24 PDT 2004

joanne wrote: Not to put words in Doug's mouth or anything...but the carping, hyper-critical lefty reaction to F9/11 is disappointing. Here we have a movie that is packing the theaters, inspiring documentary makers, criticizing the media-as-usual, and will likely prove to have more of a political influence than any lefty blog I can think of. And instead of talking to each other about what the next step is, we write little nitpicky articles about all the little ways that Moore went wrong.

--on marc cooper's blog, he has put out several vitriolic screeds calling Moore every name in the book, declared the movie useless and all wrong, and then declaring that the people who went to see F911 would be of the clapping seals variety. Well, since then people on his comments sections from various political perspectives have reported back that the movie was pretty worthwhile, decently argued, the crowds showing up were not the garden variety stereotype of lefty protestor types, and such crowds were very moved by the film. The film is playing pretty well in Fort Bragg's nearby communities, a sign of something. That is a good trend as we move into the latest section of the Iraqi occupation--defending martial law declared by US installed puppets in Iraq.

steve